JOB DESCRIPTION FOR DESIGN ENGINEER
NTTF/ GTTC Tool and Die Makers/DME or BE Mechanical
Number of Years of Experience:
Candidate should have 2 to 3 years of Experience
Area of expertise:
- Excellent in creation of design, 3D Modelling, Part Assembly, Sheet metal & Drawings using SOLID WORKS.
- Good knowledge on machining process, sheet metal and inspection method.
- Good knowledge in Preparation of Drafting stage wise Drawing’s according to GD&T standards with respect to manufacturing process and configuration control.
- Ability to perform tolerance stack-up analysis and full understanding of GD&T
- Expertise in Drawing reading and interpretation.
- Designs should be deliverable for manufacturability (DFM & DFMEA).
- Manufacturing industry background with part development components.
- Process documents such as (PFD, Control plan, Configuration Matrix, Process sheet, TCM).
Preferred Industry: – Aerospace, Defence, Automotive & Precision components.
Design Software: – Solidworks, Creo, Auto CAD (Later version).
- Excellent knowledge in reading and understanding Engineering drawing with GD&T.
- Excellent knowledge on GD& T and tolerance stack up analysis.
- Good Knowledge on Machining, Sheetmetal & Plastic process, and Assemblies.
- Hands on experience in 3D Modelling & Converting into manufacturing drawing-2D.
- Work closely with inhouse machines shop to understand process stages to ensure stage drawings are manufacturable as per the defined process to meet all technical requirements & standards.
- Managing overall design operations with a view to ensure strong design with relatively competitive delivery time using effective design and management techniques.
- Hands on experience Process documents (PFD, Control plan, Configuration Matrix, Process sheet, TCM) will be the addition advantage.
- Independent ownership and executing the projects.
- Delivering project on time plan, within agreed completion dates.
- Good knowledge on Aerospace/Automotive, ASTM, ASME Y14.5 standards.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and to timescales.
- Able to understand and derive before plating drawing calculation.