JOB DESCRIPTION FOR Mechanical Design Expert
Education & Experience required::
NTTF/ GTTC Tool and Die Makers/DME or BE Mechanical
Number of Years of Experience:
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering
Experience: Minimum 3 years in Design and development of electromechanical products
Knowledge & Skills:
- Expertise in design and development of following products
- Electric motors
- Electromechanical actuators
- Precision mechanisms
- Solenoids and Solenoid valves for Pneumatic and Hydraulic application
- Expertise in analytical design and CAD design with FEM tools- Solid works, Ansys, Altair or similar packages
- Expertise in FE analysis and CFD to carryout necessary analysis like Structural, Vibration, thermal
- Experience in creating new designs from scratch independently,
- Expertise in material selection, GD&T, machining methods and special process like heat treatment, surface treatment, welding method etc.
- Experience in product development , Test & validation and qualification testing
- Experience in Aerospace, Space and Defence industry and AS 9100 process.
- Innovative thinking for new technology developments. Self-motivation and positive attitude
- Passion towards Innovation and Out of box thinking.
- Critical / logical problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational skills, ability to multitask effectively.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Process oriented and Delivering on time results to support business goals
- Quality consciousness
- Courage to take risks
- Responsible for design and development of electromechanical and Pneumatic components and subsystems for Aerospace, Space and special applications,
- Conceptualize, design and detail the components & Sub systems.
- Responsible for mechanical, thermal & fluid dynamics design using analytical methods and FEA.
- Responsible for New Product Development – Manufacturing, build & test
- Responsible to design and build necessary test rigs
- Responsible for Documentation for assembly process, work instructions, test procedures and test report.
- Responsible to train and lead the junior team as required.
- Responsible to guide and help development team for technical issues as necessary.