Education & Experience required:
Qualification: NTTF/ GTTC Tool and Die Makers / DME / Engineering
Experience: 8 to 10 years of Experience in Tooling Background (Fixture’s design, wiring harness, CNC cutting tool selection, cost Estimation & Vendor development most preferable)
Knowledge & Skills:
Technical Activities: –
- Good knowledge on customer drawing study and understanding the requirements.
- Excellent knowledge on GD & T & Gauge calculation.
- Should estimate machining process hours and their cost for new projects.
- Knowledge of crimping tools on wire harness and it is compliance to lug/terminal/contacts.
- Knowledge of Hand tools selection for sheet metal cabinet assembly, tailor made torque bits.
- Good knowledge and Experience on wire harness routing board (Nail Board)
- Good knowledge on cutting tools selection for machining parts (CNC – Turning & CNC Milling)
- Identifying and implementing CIP’s and MPs in line.
- Good knowledge on SAP
- Good knowledge & hands on experience on conventional machines (Lathe, Milling, Surface grinding, cylindrical grinding, Jig boring)
- Knowledge of APQP, AS9100 requirements.
Administrative Activities: –
- Participate in Department Sunrise Meeting & Communicate regularly with all Team members.
- Should be capable of leading a team of 5-6 Engineers.
- Should know MS Excel, MS office, outlook & SAP.
Techno-Commercial Activities: –
- Sending enquiry and Ensure supplier quotations meet ‘should cost’ estimates and Negotiate prices with suppliers.
- Supplier follow-up and ensure on time completion of material in-warding, Incoming Inspection for the tools & fixtures.
- Providing technical clarifications to suppliers during supplier visits.
- Providing support to the Purchase department by identifying suppliers for standard hand tools for urgent production.
- Source & get the alternate RM for NPD parts sample build.
- Develop competent supplier for continuous price reduction on Tool/Fixture/Gauge development.
- Responsible for Providing the Tools, Gauges & Fixtures on Time to PRD/NPD Line.
- Able to attend individually trouble shooting & problem solving of standard crimp tools & pneumatic or foot operated hand tools.
- Study the specifications in detail and Process flow chart and prepare free hand conceptual sketches of Tools & Fixture costing sheet in touch base / respective formats.
- Preparing of Purchase Indent, approval getting till P.O release follow-up.
- Maintain all tooling cost information to assure the timely availability of data required for cost spent.
- Updating Activity tracker in Touch Base and uploading the relevant documents related to RFQ.